The ZEW – Leibniz Centre for European Economic Research invites applications for the position as a
Student Assistant (f/m/d) at the Inequality and Public Policy Group
starting from October or later.
We are seeking a motivated and enthusiastic Student Assistant to join our team and help us investigate the quality and feasibility of new research ideas. The research topics on which you will work will be related mostly to firm taxation (e.g., evaluation of a tax policy, profit-shifting, tax evasion) and to economics of crime. Therefore, an intrinsic interest in these subjects would be a plus. As a Student Assistant, your role will be to explore new research questions which we will provide you. You will have the opportunity to work closely with researchers, which will provide you help and guidance. Your duties will encompass every phase of the research process including looking for policies of interest, literature review, data collection, and small data analysis.
- Insights into applied economic research
- Involvement into real and stimulating research projects
- In particular, support in preparing and analysing microeconomic data using statistical software (Stata/ R / Python)
- Working in a motivated team
- Flexible working time of 30 to 50 hours per month
- Enrolled student in economics or quantitative social science
- First experience in using statistical software (e.g. Stata and/or Python / R)
- Capable to work in English
- General interest in scientific research and more particularly in taxation and/or economics of crime
IF INTERESTED, please upload your application (motivation letter, CV, a current transcript of records, and your enrollment certificate) via the online application form on our website.
CONTACT Alexandre Gnaedinger • Phone: +49 621 1235-383
Inequality and Public Policy